This quality practical in-service training course aims to provide guidance to the attendees, through a mixture of formal interactive lectures, discussions, questions and answers and case studies, to develop their understanding of and enhance confidence and competency in dealing with marine Hull and Cargo insurance and P&I claims.
(a) Review principle of marine insurance, and the law and practice which underlie much of the claims handling, with particular reference to day-to-day problems
(b) Present practical examples of claims and defences arising from maritime casualties
(c) Examine sample adjustments of claims, and
(d) Discuss sample examination questions
Over 6 Wednesday evenings | 1830 – 2100 (HKT)
- 8th September 2021 Contract of Marine Insurance and Hull Claims (I)
- 15th September 2021 Hull Claims (II)
- 29th September 2021 Hull Claims (III) and General Average & Salvage (I)
- 6th October 2021 General Average & Salvage (II) and Cargo Claims
- 13th October 2021 P&I Claims
- 20th October 2021 Workshop
• Eric Wu, with over 16-year experience in P&I claims and underwriting after adjusting averages for some 10 years.
• C H Wong, logistics & project consultant with wide range of maritime practice experience
Guest instructors will include:
• Jack Beesley of Steamship Mutual Management (HK) Ltd. who will lecture on “P&I Claims”
• Neville Ma, an Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute with 40 years’ experience in adjusting marine insurance claims.