Institute of Seatransport is going to rerun the on-line course named “Tanker Chartering (Voyage and Time Charter)” which will be conducted on 11th May, 18th May and 25th May 2023 respectively, three consecutive Thursday evenings.
The course has been submitted for application for the accreditation of CPD points by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Details please refer to the attached flyers.
FYI, the course has been included in the pre-approved list of the “Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme” under the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (MATF) of the Transport and Housing Bureau. Under the Scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 80% of the fees for completing pre-approved courses/examinations.
TANKER CHARTERING (Voyage and Time Charter)
“MATF-funded course on the “pre-approved” list (maritime-related) under ProTERS”
CPD: Pending accreditation from the Law Society of Hong Kong
Date: 3 Consecutive Thursdays on 11th May 2023, 18th May 2023 & 25th May 2023
Time: 19:00 PM – 22:00 PM
Course fee : $1000 per participant
Registration :Please complete the Enrolment Form (on page 3 of the attached flyers) and follow the application procedure as stated.
- Tanker type
- Geography of tanker market
- Different types of tanker market & market structure
- Chartering market general practices
- Review usual forms of Tanker voyage and time charter parties and some of the clauses/terms and parties’ rights and obligations
- Tanker Bill of Lading and Letter of Intent usage
- Tanker laytime calculations
- Freight calculation
- Demurrage/dispatch calculations in tanker market
- Understanding general concept of various tanker market organizations – in particular OCIMF and CDI
- Bimco clauses for hull fouling
- Cyber security
- Possible effect of EEXI and CII on commercial chartering
Capt. Sanjeev VERMA
(Please refer to the attached detailed CV of Capt. Verma)
If your goodself / your colleagues are interested to attend the course, please submit your application before or by 4th May 2023.